2 Tbsp (10g) ShuhariMatcha Green Tea Powder sifted (for a green color)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
7 oz egg white
1/2 lbs almond powder
For Matcha Cream Cheese
2/3 tsp (1.1g) Maeda-enMatcha Green Tea Powder (sifted)
5.3 oz cream cheese
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1. In a large bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Increase the kitchen mixer speed to high and gradually add granulated sugar and Green Tea Powder. Continue to whip to stiff peaks - the whites should be firm and shiny.
2. Fold the sifted almond powder into the mixture and knead until the dough is very smooth.
3. Spoon the batter into your pastry bag, and start squeezing onto parchment paper. Let dry at room temperature for about half an hour.
4. Bake, in a 350 F degrees oven for 6 to 7 minutes, then lower the temperature to 300 F degrees and bake another 13 to 15 minutes. While baking, open the oven door twice to let out the moisture.
5. Remove macaroons from oven and transfer parchment sheets to a cooling rack. when cool, gently peel the parchment off the backs.
6. Pair macaroons of similar size, and spread well-mixed Matcha cream cheese filling onto one of the macaroon, then cover with the other similar size macaroons to make a sandwich. Serve at room temperature.