- 2 tbsp (10g) Matcha Green Tea Powder sifted (for a green color)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powder sugar
- 7 oz egg white
- 1/2 lbs almond powder
- For Matcha Cream Cheese
- 2/3 tsp (1.1g) Maeda-enMatcha Green Tea Powder (sifted)
- 5.3 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Increase the kitchen mixer speed to high and gradually add granulated sugar and Green Tea Powder. Continue to whip to stiff peaks - the whites should be firm and shiny.
- 2. Fold the sifted almond powder into the mixture and knead until the dough is very smooth.
- 3. Spoon the batter into your pastry bag, and start squeezing onto parchment paper. Let dry at room temperature for about half an hour.
- 4. Bake, in a 350 F degrees oven for 6 to 7 minutes, then lower the temperature to 300 F degrees and bake another 13 to 15 minutes. While baking, open the oven door twice to let out the moisture.
- 5. Remove macaroons from oven and transfer parchment sheets to a cooling rack. when cool, gently peel the parchment off the backs.
- 6. Pair macaroons of similar size, and spread well-mixed Matcha cream cheese filling onto one of the macaroon, then cover with the other similar size macaroons to make a sandwich. Serve at room temperature.