Ingredients For Matcha Cream Puff
- 1 cup Butter (regular butter)
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 4 Eggs, unbeaten
- Custard Cream filling (Ingredients and Directions Below)
- Powdered sugar
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Combine butter and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add flour and salt, all at once; stir vigorously until ball forms in center of pan. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Mixture should be very stiff.
- 3. Drop spoonfuls onto a buttered cookie sheet. Bake until free from beads of moisture.
Ingredients For Custard Cream Filling
- 8 oz whipping cream
- 1 package (approx. 3 1/2 oz) instant pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 or 2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1. Whip the cream until stiff: set aside. Beat the pudding mix and milk together for 2 min. Fold into the whipping cream.
- 2. Small dessert size: Bake at 375 F degrees for 30 min. Then, change to 350 F degrees for 10 min.
- 3. Cool, split and fill cooled pugs with filling. Shells may be filled with softened ice cream, sweetened whipped cream or cream puff filling.
- 4. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and Matcha powder.